×

People continue search for missing Belhaven man

By Tia McKenzie Apr 5, 2024 | 4:21 PM

JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – The family of a missing Belhaven man asked for any information that can help locate their loved one.

Flyers are scattered throughout the Belhaven neighborhood in Jackson as 37-year-old Dau Mabil’s family tries to piece together what happened to him. Mabil was last seen around noon on March 25, 2024, walking near North Jefferson Street.

Groups of volunteers began searching for Mabil on foot and by boat in and around the Pearl Rive area.

“We’ve got a lot of help from some. Our friends come over from Louisiana, Arkansas, and Georgia. And a lot of people from the community,” said John Jobil, Mabil’s cousin.

“Today, we got here about nine in the morning. We have there’s multiple people involved in this search effort, volunteers from everywhere. Just volunteers. People who have expertise in search and rescue. And so, that we have people out on the river right now searching the river. And then we’ve also been on foot, walking in the woods,” said Gary Brown, a family friend.

Capitol police are leading the case, and Jackson police are assisting.

“We have no reason to believe that there’s any foul play about nothing that’s been substantiated, at least. And we are treating this right now as a missing person, and we are diligently trying to locate him, and hopefully we locate him, and he’s safe and sound,” said Capitol Police Chief Bo Luckey.

There is a reward for information that leads to the location of Mabil.

“We got Crime Stoppers on on board with us last week, which we were really hoping is gives people even more reason to look out for him. So through that, there’s an up to $2,500 reward through Crime Stoppers. So, we encourage people to call Crime Stoppers to know his name and his face,” said Karissa Bowley, Mabil’s wife.