JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – The Jackson City Council will soon make a final decision on which company will collect trash for the capital city for the next six years.
Jackson Mayor Chokwe A. Lumumba said the review committee has made a decision and should present it to him sometime this week.
“The committee met last week. They scored and selected a winner. That has not been presented to me. I’m expecting them to present that to me this week. So, the process is still going as this time should go. I don’t know if legal has to touch that or what has to go through there. But I am expecting their submission this week, and after that, I will then provide it to the council. So, they did meet. They did go over their scores, and they will be presenting that selection this week,” Lumumba said.
During this request for proposals (RFP) period, only two companies submitted a bid. One of them is Richard’s Disposal. The city is currently under an emergency contract with Richard’s, which will end on March 31, 2024.
